Thursday, March 1, 2012

Baby Love.....and More

A teacher at my school is having twins in a couple months (she hopes she can hang on that long) so we had a shower for her.  A group of us went together on a gift and let me tell you, I found some hot deals at Dillards during their "take an additional 40% off" sales!  Love it when you find what you need at a sale like that!  I'm rather driven to find deals--at least that's what my daughter tells me!  =-)  Of course I volunteered to make the card--and then I stressed about it for a few days.  Here's what I came up with--it's an easel card and it uses the retired set made for twins--By Ones and Twos (I think).  I also used some retired paper--Georgia Peach and Nursery Suite that I got on the clearance rack a while back.


I left my camera at my son's house so my friend Mary was kind enough to take this picture with her iphone and send it to me.  You can't really tell it, but I used the vertical stripes embossing folder on the white piece to make it look like wallboards.  I tried to make my hangers using Jackie Topa's tutorial here---but without wire snips or needle nosed pliers I wasn't able to quite get the look I wanted.

Here's another card that I displayed at the last stamping party--


This is a total case from Catherine Pooler's blog here--isn't her wrapping of the designer paper on the left a neat effect?  It is a monochromatic card using very vanilla cardstock embossed with the vintage wallpaper folder.  The stamp set used is a SAB set called "Elementary Elegance" which I wasn't wild about until I saw all the examples made by the talented stampers out there in blogland!  The butterfly is from the butterfly embosslit in peach parfait --pulling that color from the SAB designer paper everyday enchantment.  I think I stamped in soft suede ink if I recall correctly.  

No comments: