Friday, March 2, 2012

Kindness Does Matter

At least that's what I tell my class of first grade boys every day.  Yes, I said boys--I have a small class this year, but it's a bit out of balance.  I have 12 boys (active ones) and 4 girls.  We have some issues with getting along--but enough of that.
Here's a card I cased from here (thanks for the great card Julie!)   Kindness Matters was one of the first stamp sets I purchased when the catalog came out last year and this is the first that I've used it--bad me!  It's a nice, sweet set.


The card is very simple--3 strips of everyday enchantment--the SAB designer series paper on a crumb cake card base.  The butterflies from Kindness Matters are stamped in poppy parade on very vanilla cardstock and then cut out using the label framelits.  I then cut out 2 more label framelits out of poppy parade (same size as the vanilla) and cut one apart in half vertically and the other horizontally.  Glue on the back--top/bottom first then side to side giving yourself a smaller border than you'd have if you used the next size up.  To be honest I watched a video on how to do this, but I can't get them to match up as easily as the person I watched--I had to trim a bit off.   I also made a bow out of hemp twine.  I actually like to use linen thread better--it's easier to form into bows, but hemp is what I grabbed first and I was in a hurry! Ha! I then added some of our pearls on the butterflies and I was done!  Hope you have a good weekend--I'm off to a dinner then home to hopefully "play" in my stamp room. 

No comments: