Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Craft Problem

Hi!  My name is Dawn and I am a cardmaker who doesn't get her cards in the mail.  How do I know this?  I am always realizing that someone's birthday or anniversary is....TODAY.....and I'm late getting a card sent....again.  So I don't (usually).  Also a telling fact of this problem would be the piles of unsent lovely cards laying about my craft room here....there....everywhere.  (Just a little Dr. Seuss in the month of his birth).  I'd like to say that I'm working on this problem, but I'd be lying.  =-)  Yes, I'm the problem behind the rising costs for the USPS.

Here's the card I made for my DIL's birthday which occurred last week.  Fortunately my son dropped by and I'm able to send the card home with him!   This card was cased from here which is a Pinterest link from Stampin Connections which I can't link you to since it's a members only group.  However I do want to give the original creator, Michelle Andrews, credit for this beautiful card design.  The banners are made from the Twitterpated dsp and the sentiment is from "Happiest Birthday Wishes."

I used the cupcake punch for the cupcake and one of the bitty bunch punches for the flower on the cupcake. I hand cut the leaves and added a tiny pearl in the middle.  A baja breeze cardstock strip covers up the top edges of the banners with a baja breeze seam binding bow attached with a glue dot.  All edges are sponged with Soft Suede ink.  I'm not sure why the sentiment looks so washed out--it's not IRL.  Must have been my lighting.


Here's the inside of the card.  I put a couple of leftover banners on a piece of blushing bride paper and added the sentiment which is from a retired set called "It's Your Birthday."


Now to sign the card, get it into an envelope and into my son's hand so it doesn't become a part of my stash that doesn't go anywhere. 

No comments: