Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Paper Made Me Do It!

The minute I saw this paper from the "Attic Boutique" dsp collection in the occasions mini catalog I knew what I was going to do.  I love making these scrunched up flowers--I had to try out the new "Blossom Punch" and see what a flower made from its punches would look like.....result--CUTE!


I made the flower by punching 3 blossoms and then rubbing each with my bone folder until the paper separates--pull it apart and you have a suede look and a total of 6 flower pieces.  Layer them all on top of each other and hook together with a brad.  Scrunch each layer up to the center and then gently pull out and fluff.  I used the colors pool party, crumb cake and very vanilla.  I added a couple of leaves from the bird punch and made my ribbon from crumb cake seam binding.  The sentiment is from the set "Friendly Phrases" and is stamped with soft suede ink on very vanilla cardstock.  It's layered on a pool party scalloped oval which is on a wide oval punch from crumb cake.

My dog is nagging me to play with her so I'll be back with another card tomorrow!  

No comments: