Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Stampin' Up Party Fun!

It's been a busy 2 weeks since I last posted!  I did a bunch of work in my house getting ready for the Hoffman family reunion, painted, cleaned, put up over 125 dozen ears of corn, hosted 55 people for 3 meals in my home, and demonstrated for a Stampin' Up party.  

Here are the cards demonstrated--sorry to those of you who have been waiting for me to get them posted!  My first card highlighted the new set, Storybook Friends and the Labels framelits.


The colors I used were bashful blue, chocolate chip, very vanilla and watercolor paper. 

The next card I made was all about the new in colors--this card used summer starfruit, raspberry ripple and midnight muse on very vanilla paper.  I used the stamp set Betsy's Blossom.


The sentiment is from a new set--Lacey and Lovely (which I got for the sentiments more than the doily like stamps).  

The next card is a fun one that I got from Dawn's Stamping Thoughts here--it's called a Peek-a-Boo card.  It's fun and easy to make and has a wow factor to it!  

It's a bit hard to photograph, but here it is closed.


Starting to open--see the sentiments moving across the original view of stamps.


And fully open.  I used the stamp sets Bright Blossoms and Petite Pairs.

The 4th card demonstrated was this one:  I had borrowed the lattice die from my friend, Deb (thanks again!) and used it to create a background.  I then added the flower strip using Raining Flowers.  I used a base color that I don't use very often--Elegant Eggplant.


And last but not least--the hostess, Valerie, had seen the larger chickens that I'd made from ovals and wanted me to try and make a card from materials that were not retired.  It was a bit hard since all of the Big Shot dies with ovals were retired, but I got a mini chicken made with the extra large oval.  I made an easel card using the heart framelits and the chicken is made from the new polka dot dsp.


I made the tags from the Tiny Tags set.  The comb of the chicken is made from the heart on the owl punch and the beak is from one of the flowers on the Boho Blossoms punch.  The wing is the small heart punch and the eye is a tiny pearl with a dot on it from a black Sharpie.  The texture on the white heart was made with my diagonal score board from SU.

Apologies to those of you who have been waiting to see the cards we made!  Enjoy!







No comments: