Saturday, September 10, 2011

Yippy Skippy--I Stamped!

Finally, things have settled down both at school and at home enough for me to take some time to make some cards and work through some tutorials that I've been wanting to tackle for quite awhile!  Woo Hoo!    I'm so excited because now I have enough cards made to post for 9 straight days!  I've said it before, but I stalk more blogs that I can count and you would not believe the number of wonderfully creative people out there in blogland!  I'm not one to recreate the wheel so as usual---most of my cards are mostly cased with a touch of Dawn here and there.

The card for today uses one of my favorite sets from the new catalog--"Best of Everything."  I got the idea for the fence from "Stamp Nation" which is run by Catherine Pooler.  It uses the tag punch to create the top of the fence line.  I hand cut the birds and the clouds are just half punched from the larger scallop circle punch.


Here's what I used: 
Stamp Sets:  Best of Everything, Woodgrain
Inks:  Soft Suede, Bashful Blue, Calypso Coral, Island Indigo
Accessories:  Retired striped bashful blue ribbon, large tag punch, large scallop circle punch

Don't you love how photos show all of the little problems that you didn't even notice on your card?  This one has a bent corner that I never saw until just now......oh well, I just beat the mailman in crumpling corners.  I'll be back tomorrow--for now I'm off to a football game!

No comments: