Sunday, September 11, 2011

Stampin' Sunday!

Since I'm usually quite busy during the week with my teaching job my weekends are for stamping--sometimes.  I've had a great weekend as far as stamping goes this week.  I made a lot of cards--at least for me.  I had a large chunk of time that I could devote to my stamping on Saturday!  The first thing I did was work on some watercoloring....I am not very good at it and need to improve since I really love the look of watercolor.  This time I used ink pads and a blender pen with watercolor paper.  I do think they turned out much than some of my past attempts, but I really didn't use any water so I'm not sure I can define it as watercoloring.  I also added a touch of glitter with the new dazzling details....you can't see it here, but the butterfly, rain and truck windows all have a bit of shine.  Look for these as they get made into cards in the coming weeks.



Here's another of the cards I made.....I saw a quick tutorial on how to make the "fancy flower" punch into this flower on Mary Fish's blog.  After watching it I just had to make a sunflower card......I mean, I am from Kansas!  =-)  I used some Crystal Effects on the centers of the flowers and hand cut the leaves.  Just a simple card.


I'll be back tomorrow--enjoy your Sunday evening!