Thursday, February 19, 2015

Butterflies to Die For....

Although I'm not much of a collage-y stamper I like the look---I'm just not great at creating it....but I'm REALLY good at case-ing!  Ha!

Are you as in love with Butterfly Basics and the matching thinlits as I am?  So beautiful and the ensemble makes beautiful cards with hardly any effort!  Here's what we did at the party:


This little beauty was a case of a card made by Shelli Gardner with Dawn Griffith--easy to do and oh so cute!  Love the wisteria wonder butterfly ....and see that little bit of doily at the bottom?  I never would've thought to do that!  I'm not sure what size the card was that they did, but I made it into a notecard size--I'm telling you--those notecards and envelopes--one of the best deals in our catalog!

Then we "messed around" with the butterfly framelits....I shared an idea that I saw on Mercedes Weber's blog (love those weekly ideas from the Artisans) 



And then our make and take was this card that I cased (with a few minor changes) from Mary Fish's blog:


See that sentiment?  It's from a new photopolymer set called "Lovely Amazing You" which is going to be one of the sets I use for my next Stamp Set of the Month!

***I also shared the tip of using THIS sandwich when you cut out your butterfly thinlits  (the 2 intricate ones)--or for that matter any intricate frame lit.  Here it is--1. Platform; 2. Cutting Plate; 3. Unscented Dryer Sheet; 4. Cardstock; 5. Wax Paper and 6.  The thinlit.
I only use one dryer sheet folded in half--your Big Shot may be looser than mine and need another--you can use the same dryer sheets about 4 times by flipping and turning them.  Here's how you can tell if you are using too many---if you see polka dots on your butterfly's body.  Also--don't try with scented sheets--they will leave a residue on your card stock.

If you use this sandwich--the pieces will just fall out or stick to the dryer sheet!  It's so slick and easy!

I'll be back tomorrow with some more things that we did at the party!





No comments: