Sunday, March 20, 2011

On Vacation!!

I'm on vacation this week!  Yay!  That means that I get to make cards in between painting our family room and cleaning a few carpets....and watching basketball of course!  Here's a sympathy card I made using Nature Walk.  You can see more clearly the background made with the clear block on this card.

I used Certainly Celery and Elegant Eggplant for my main colors.  I don't have any eggplant ribbon unfortunately, so the ribbon's not quite like I'd like it.  So I tried something else with the bow--still don't like it!  Back to the drawing board!

Speaking of back to the drawing board.....I took another look at the Engraved Greetings card that I posted earlier this week and was unhappy with--I added a black scallop circle behind the greeting that I restamped using my black Staz-On ink and just attached them on top of my "icky greeting."  Bam!  Now I like it!  It's amazing how just a couple of little tweaks can make or break a card!


No comments: