Saturday, March 19, 2011

March Stampin' Party

It's always fun when the Stampin Up group that I meet with each month gets together!  I can always count on great conversation and yummy food while spending time with these special friends!  Chris was the hostess and she did not disappoint with her yummy cheesecake pudding cake (can't wait to make it)!  Anyway--here are the cards I demonstrated during the evening:

Big Shot Flower


This card used:
•vintage wallpaper embossing folder
•victoria ribbon
•magnetic movers and shapers
•fun flowers bigz die (spring mini)
•sweet stitches designer big buttons (spring mini)
•modern label punch
•A Word for You
   The card base is very vanilla with edges sponged in soft suede.  The flower is also very vanilla with edges sponged in soft suede.  Baja breeze is the color of the blue panel that is embossed with the vintage wallpaper folder.  I layered the flower and attached the button threaded with a thin strip of baja breeze CS.  The sentiment is stamped in chocolate chip, punched with the modern label punch and layered on a chocolate chip piece cut out with the big shot movers and shapers die that is just a hair larger than the punch.  I saw this card out in blogland and case'd it from Cristena Bagne at gettingcrafty.com.  Thanks Cristena!

Have a Seat


This card is similar to one that I already posted earlier with a link to one of my favorite blogs--Inking Idaho.  I saw this card with the top section on another blog (Kendra's Creative Corner) and loved what she added to the original idea!
Here's what I used:
Stamp Sets: Have a Seat, Birthday Bliss
All of my circle punches (I punched out rose red, pretty in pink, wild wasabi, whisper white, and chocolate chip circles)
White grosgrain ribbon
Pink Pirouette CS base
Blender pen, Early Espresso and Chocolate Chip ink (plus a variety to color the cake)
Scallop Circle punch
Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder
I cut out the cake and popped it up on the bench with dimensionals.  I also added a tiny bit of glitter on the flame of the cake.

Nature Walk


I love this set, but have really struggled to come up with cards using it--especially those using more than one image from the stamp set.  As I demo'd this card my butterfly was baja breeze blue and there just was something I didn't like about it--so everyone suggested I stamp the butterfly in chocolate chip and add the touch of blue--so here it is.  Still not sure about it....maybe I should just leave the butterfly off and have the ribbon go across the top.  Here's what I used:
Stamp Sets:  Nature Walk, Friends 24/7
Cardstock/Ink:  Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip, Peach Parfait, Baja Breeze
Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon, blender pen, dimensionals
The other thing I did that you perhaps cannot see is the background behind the stamped scene--I inked up my clear block and stamped it right in the center of my paper.  This creates a sanded looking background.

Pooh & Piglet



Oh my goodness!  Aren't these adorable??  They are totally case'd from Eve's Offcuts at evesoffcuts@blogspot.com.  She (and I) used the owl punch, bird punch and word window punch to create both Pooh and Piglet.  The stamp set used with this is Party This Way.  I created the card base with my large square scallop die (real red for Pooh and Rose Red for Piglet) and then the card which is whisper white is mounted on tempting turquoise for Pooh and old olive for Piglet--attached to that is a 3 3/4 x 7 1/2 inch piece of whisper white.  I created the clouds using a punched scallop circle as a mask -- sponged with bashful blue.  If you weren't able to attend our party and have any questions please let me know!

No comments: