Sunday, July 26, 2015

Inspire Create Share 2015 (aka Stampin' Up Convention) Pre-Day 1

Whew--I got into Salt Lake City which is nestled in a valley surrounded by mountains on Tuesday evening.  I was lucky enough to meet several ladies from the Wichita area on my flight and had fun talking with them during our 4 hour layover in Las Vegas!  Convention doesn't start until Thursday but I got up fairly early on Wednesday, worked on some swaps and then headed up to the convention center to see if I could catch a bus out to Riverton to take a tour through the SU offices.
Riverton is about 20 - 30 minutes south of Salt Lake City and the SU building is beautiful!  The famous stone is at the end of a long drive (there are actually 2 of them). Of course I had to take my picture there!!


Then I headed into the building--here's what I saw when entering!


Yes-the center atrium on the lower level has a waterfall area surrounded by tables for people to sit and work or eat at--so calming and relaxing!

SU had a little walking tour set up for us so we could see many of the areas of the facility.  First we went to the Legacy Room which has vignettes set up using SU product--a bedroom with a wall of flowers, a wall of chalkboard sayings, and so on .... so much beauty....I couldn't take enough pictures! Here's a sample of what I saw:


This was from 1 of probably 7 or 8 scenes.  Next we headed into demonstrator support offices where they had all the cards donated for Ronald McDonald house set up for us to see and workers were there to chat with us as we went through.

After that we went to a balcony overlooking the floor where orders are filled.  This was so fascinating to me as much of it is automated/computerized.  Here's a quick video of what I saw:



The gal putting the boxes together slaps on 2 computer generated bar codes that tell what to put in the boxes.  So interesting!  I always was a lover of Mr. Roger's "how it's made" videos so this was right up my alley.

I was lucky enough to meet up with Shelley and Molly from Wichita on this tour which made it so much more fun!  I'll be back later tonight or tomorrow with details from the first (official) day of convention!







No comments: