Friday, February 7, 2014

Sending Love to Mija...

Hi my stamping friends…..today I'm sharing the plethora of valentines that I made for a fundraiser.  We have an elementary p.e. teacher in our town who was struck head on as she headed to school on Dec. 20th….by a drunk driver…..at 7:30 a.m.  What are the odds?   Mija (pronounced My-uh) suffered a traumatic brain injury and remains in a coma.  She is now at a rehab hospital in Nebraska.  This weekend there is a big sale/auction to raise funds to help offset expenses that are being accrued.  My friend Heather thought that some cute little things to sell would be good since much of what has been donated is a bit pricier.  Thanks to the creativity of Becky Roberts at Inking Idaho and Julie Davison of Julie's Stamping Spot I was able to make all of these goodies:


Love these cutie patootie valentines and the little box that's added to them.  Here's a link to the directions.

Are these not adorable??  I'm so glad I'd already bought the teeny tiny coffee cups and lids.  The kisses give you an idea of how small they are!  These are on Becky's blog, but no directions there except a link I believe to get the cups.

As a teacher I definitely have a thing for itty bitty file folders!  Here's the link to the directions.
In total I made over 110 valentines…here's hoping they make some money for Mija!





1 comment:

lisa808 said...

Adorable projects.

I hope the fundraiser was successful and that rehab helps Mija recover.