Thursday, February 20, 2014

Lovely as a Tree on Hardwood…and more Party Fun!

Hi all!  We had a get together to stamp last Tuesday and here are a couple of the cards that I shared…hope you like them!

The first one uses that age old classic--Lovely As a Tree--what a great stamp set it is!  I saw basically this card and I just changed it up a bit by adding a layer and changing up the ribbon just a bit….it was cased from Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek here.


I stamped the Hardwood stamp on Pool Party card stock with soft suede ink.  The greeting is from Wetlands--and both this and the thinking of you sentiment fit in the ticket punch.  I just sponged a bit of pool party ink down the center of my very vanilla card stock before stamping the tree line on it.  The inside of the card was simply finished by adding a tree or two.


A card that I didn't demonstrate but just showed used the technique of ironing foil to freezer paper to create a foil background that you can emboss.  If you live close to me don't, I repeat, DON'T go buy any freezer paper--I have enough to last for 10 years and will be glad to share the wealth with you!


I like how you can see the reflection of my camera in the foil!  Ha!  It's hard to get a good picture of this, but it's sort of cool looking--and a cheap way to get the foil look.  I also used the stamp sets Tape It and Yippee- Skippee.  I'm not wild about the bow and have another idea of how I would decorate the sentiment--I'll have to try it and share soon!  This was cased from Artisan Award winner Erica Cerwin.

I'll be back tomorrow with some more of what we did along with a Sale-a-Bration card to share!  
               
                                                                        



No comments: