Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Let's Swap!

So, there was a spring snowstorm that moved through the midwest yesterday and today.  I was in St. Louis at the SU Regional calling home to see what I should do--I really didn't want to drive 7+ hours after being at the regional for much of the day.  My husband told me to stay put so I did--I ate hotel food and watched basketball...and most of all watched the weather.  I woke up early this morning, checked the computer for road conditions, turned on the news and decided to get out of there while I could--they were supposed to get 8 - 12 " today.  Driving through Missouri was miserable--I slid around trying to get to a gas station and had to trudge through 10" of snow to get to a bathroom at a rest area----but it was all worth it!

Here are the swaps that I took to the regional event--I'd made about 25 of each. They are card fronts--not complete cards.

This uses Blooming with Kindness and the butterfly punch with cardstock vellum.

The 1 3/8" circle punch  and a variety of Thanks/Thank you stamps.  Very simple, but striking!


This is probably my favorite--the puppy is made from the heart framelits.  The eye heart is from the owl builder punch and the tongue is the small oval punch.  The puppy actually opens up and stamped inside is the "Arf Bark Aroof" from the Animal Talk stamp set.

Here's the pile of swaps I received in exchange:


Sorry--tried to post this yesterday (Monday), but my internet suddenly wasn't there.

1 comment:

lisa808 said...

Great cards! The first one is so pretty and dainty, the second is super fun with the different colors, and the third is just plain Adorable (yes, with a capital A)!