Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Come on, Christmas!

We had our monthly Stampin' Up party tonight and it was my turn to demonstrate.  There are so many wonderful designers out there that come up with beautiful and creative ideas and I am truly appreciative of their talent!  Here are the cards that I demonstrated and then we all made the Kiss Trees.

 
The first card I demo'd was the twisted easel card that's all the rage online right now--you know--the one with the little battery operated candle behind the vellum window.  I was going to totally case several that I saw that used the little deer on Joyous Christmas, but that early espresso embossing powder that I swear I bought last month was nowhere to be found.  So I improvised and used my cherry cobbler ep with the ornament in the same set.  My DSP is from the holiday catalog--Snow Favorites.



The next card is a little cutie--easy to make card using the stamp set "For the Birds."  I love the little skating bird and it fits wonderfully in the labels framelit.  The button is from the regals collection and is threaded with the cherry cobbler baker's twine.  You can't see it, but I added a bit of clear dazzling details under the tail of the y in merry so it looks "icy" where the bird is skating.  The dsp is still from the Snow Favorites collection.



My next card was cased from a RAK that I received last year as a member of VCRocks.  Unfortunately I don't remember who sent it, but I loved it and couldn't wait for Christmas to come so I could use it!  What made it even better was that the stamp set I used, Come to Bethlehem"  is on sale right now (until the 28th)  Half Off!

The blue I used was marina mist.  You can't see it, but I versamarked the embossing folder before I embossed the cherry cobbler piece and it gave it a deeper, vintagey look!

The last card I demonstrated was an idea I got from Stamp Nation a group that I pay a monthly fee to belong to.  This was the owner, Catherine Pooler's, great idea to use the Itty Bitty Banners to cut out pieces to make a 3-D wreath.  I added the cherry cobbler seam binding and dazzling details.  The greeting is from the set, Greeting of the Season, from the holiday catty.

The paper is from the Festival of Favorites pack in the holiday mini also.  

Our make and take was the "Kisses Tree" an idea I found online along with a great tutorial here.  They are super easy to make--and cute!


I used the Merry Christmas from "Teeny Tiny Wishes" for the tag.  A-dor-a-ble.  Kudos to the designer--Brenda Q.  On a side note, we discovered that the mint truffle kisses are yummy!  Happy stamping!  Dawn





No comments: