Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Summer Truths

It's been a tough summer......
As a teacher I always make this humongous "to do" list in May--then life happens.  This summer was no different, but life happened in a bigger way than expected.  First my dad became gravely ill and I spent half of June in Indiana (he's recovering nicely). Here he is with my youngest son and grandson.


Then we moved my father in law into an assisted living apartment for memory care which was super tough and continues to be so.  Finally in August, right before the school year started up again, my dearly loved sister in law died post surgery (a liver & kidney transplant).


A week later my 4th grandchild was born--Avery Ellen.  What a joy in the midst of sorrow!



Needless to say--I haven't had a lot of time to stamp, but for me, when I do have the time to create it brings me such satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment!

Here are a couple of cards that I demonstrated during the summer:


Welcome back Poppy Parade--and even though I initially thought I could live without this stamp set I am really loving Abstract Impressions found on page 129 in the Annual Catalog.


Of course I had to demonstrate some of the cool things you can do with the Stamparatus!  Loving my rainbow heart wreath that I made using the heart from Wood Words fun on page 162 in the Annual Catalog.  Hopefully as things settle I'll be back to share more.....

                                                           Keep stamping my friends!   Dawn

No comments: